Wealth Management, Private Wealth, Tax and Estate Planning Solutions
for High Net Worth and Affluent Investors
High Net Worth Investors need a Trusted Advisor
The World Wealth Report (2005) by Cap Gemini/Merrill Lynch made the following observations:
- High Net Worth and Affluent Investors are seeking a solution to the growing complexity of today’s markets.
- High Net Worth Investors have responded to the growing complexity of wealth management by expanding their network of advisors. This is referred to as The High Net Worth Paradox, Because; Less is better
- Few are satisfied with their current situation. They thirst for simplification, however finding a solution has not been easy.
The solution is not an easy one, the advisor must understand all aspects of your financial needs and be able to help communicate between disciplines.
Based on the report, the requirements in a solution became increasingly apparent.
- Clients in the High Net Worth segment want increased transparency from the investment managers handling their financial affairs.
- Client reporting has become more complex, driven by a combination of factors:
- Increased diversification of holdings
- Demand for more indexed performance measures
- And a growing desire to see information presented in a way that measures progress against financial or life goals.
Collaboration among Third-party Providers
- High Net Worth investors and their advisors need to closely coordinate activities among third-party service providers – such as accountants and estate and tax attorneys, Investment and insurance advisors – to execute complex wealth strategies.
Institutionalized Wealth Management Processes
- More and more High Net Worth investors are adopting institutional-like processes to manage their wealth, asking service providers for financial and estate plans, philanthropic and charitable giving plans, investment policy statements and regular risk assessments.
As a firm, we have responded to these concerns by developing a model that meets the needs of our investors, whether a client is High Net Worth ($1 million plus of financial assets) or Affluent ($250,000 plus)
Advisor-Client Relationship: This simplified graphic reminds us that the client is the focal point of any strategy. The Trusted Advisor Concept is a stronger role than a simple Relationship Manager. The Trusted Advisor helps the Client communicate with their other advisors to insure they are not working at cross purposes.
Private Wealth Management and Banking for High Net Worth Clients
Our role in the High Net Worth Space takes the form of a Relationship Manager with the Private Money Manager and we continue to coordinate and provide additional services as needed.. We currently have Referral arrangements with 3 Institutional managers. Fees are banded and the rate charged, reduces on with higher asset amounts.
- Institutional Investment Management with transparent fees
- Trust and Estate Services
- Complimentary Tax and Estate Planning Services
- Private Banking with consultation services
- Private Company Advisory for business expansion or sale
We can offer all the benefits of a family office with world class investment advice.
Premier Investment Program
What is the Premier Investment Program?
The Premier Investment Program is a fee-based account that offers a range of investment services and the ability to hold a wide variety of investment products including mutual funds and individual stocks and bonds. Virtually every investment offered at Manulife Securities can be held in a Premier plan.
In addition to transparency, objectivity and accountability – the hallmarks of a fee-based account – the Manulife Securities Premier Investment Program can benefit my clients in a number of ways:
- You pay for advice, not trades – transactions are incidental and are not the differentiating factor in assessing the value I offer
- Advisor compensation is completely transparent and agreed upon, and because the costs associated with trades or other services are reduced or eliminated, you can fully understand what you’re paying for your investments
- The fee-based solution provides the medium for developing a strong, customized portfolio at a cost that is generally less than the cost associated with traditional mutual funds
- Fees can be paid outside of your client's portfolio; this means your portfolio return need not be reduced to pay fees and assets can grow faster
- When a fee is paid for investment advisory services on a portfolio outside of an RRSP, the fee is generally tax deductible
- Because compensation can be based on portfolio value, fees will rise or decline based on the performance of the portfolio; this assures you that my primary interest is the growth of your portfolio
Manulife Private Investment Pools
The Manulife Private Investment Pools program offers a range of diverse investment pools with high conviction portfolio managers from Manulife Asset Management and Mawer Investment Management Ltd. Add in competitive management fees, tax efficiency and flexible options and you’ve got an investment program that truly understands your needs.
Key features of the program:
- Comprehensive suite of investment pools in a range of asset classes
- Tax efficiency through corporate class structure
- Award-winning portfolio managers
- Competitive management fees
- Tiered management fee reductions
- Household account-linking to help reduce management fees
- Automatic rebalancing
- Series T payout options
- Systematic purchase and withdrawal plans
- Client proposal service (for advisors)
- Comprehensive client reporting
- Dedicated marketing support
To learn more about Manulife Private Investment Pools, click here.